srijeda, 24. listopada 2012.

A common SSD problem - or - How I Stopped Giving A Fuck

Reactant

So, while I was reading on the forums about the hot new SSDs, I have created an opinion on my own. Mostly from what I've seen, people are experiencing problems similar to first world problem image here:
Problem officer?
These people obviously have issues.

From a user's perspective, adding a SSD will improve random access times and data transfer speeds to a very noticeable point. But it being the most noticeable benefit from adding the solid state drive, it still doesn't even NEARLY saturate a single SATA 2 (3 Gbps) port, let alone a SATA 3 (6 Gbps) port.

However, as far as sequential read and write speeds go... well yes, it is a good thing to have a more modern SATA standard to connect your SSD to. But calling it "slow" is not fair for something that makes your computer do a multiple-generation jump from when you have bought it without SSD to when it has been upgraded with the SSD.

All in all, it's a good benefit and exactly there where it matters most.

! BONUS ! BONUS ! BONUS !

So I created a meme of my own. Check this out:

Somehow Picard doesn't give a fuck for your problems.
I have an aftermarket SSD in my corporate Macbook Pro connected to a SATA 3 port and I don't give a fuck about your problems.

1 komentar:

  1. bmk za grafiku, gl. da je playable kad zastari, filozofija od prve generacije.

    OdgovoriIzbriši